Indiana Real Estate License
Working as a real estate agent in Indiana is a fulfilling career choice that helps people improve their level of life. Since you are on this page, you definitely need a real estate license lookup. Instead of doing a lot of research, look through this article and find about the requirements to become a real estate agent in the state of Indiana.
How do I get my real estate license in Indiana?
To be a licensed real estate agent in Indiana, you should meet these prerequisites:
- be at least 18 years old
- have a high school diploma
Do not forget about post-license education. Each year you must complete at least 12 hours of continuing education maintain your real estate license. Continuing education is also a major requirement for license renewal.
- First, you should complete 90 hours of approved pre-licensing courses. After you are done with the courses, you will take the final course exam. Each course has three exam, including the final one. And each of these exams consists of 100 questions. You must score 75% or higher to pass the final course. If you successfully pass, you will finalize pre-licensing and get your certificate of completion.
- Secondly, you must take the Indiana real estate licensing exam. It is administered by PSI. You should have your Certificate of completion to take it. You can register and schedule your exam here. You can also take the exam remotely. Each examination attempt is $53.00.
- After you have passed the state licensing exam, you should do your best to find a sponsoring broker. By saying sponsoring, we mean that he/she will sponsor your license. Make sure your sponsor is also a realtor. Before you ask someone to serve as your managing broker, pay much attention to their communication, organization skills, to their relationship support and expertise.
- The final step is to apply for the real estate license. You have one calendar year to apply after passing the state licensing exam. You should pay $60 application fee. Follow the link to apply online.
When your application is received, you will receive an email telling you to pass the background check. They will also take your fingerprints.
How hard is it to pass the real estate exam in Indiana?
According to a number of people, the exam is, indeed, hard to pass. About 50% of students fail their first attempt. However, you can easily overcome it provided you study well.
It includes 130 questions. The questions focus on state and national real estate principles. You are given four hours to finish the test. You must score 75% or higher to pass the exam.
You can see more exam-related material here.
How much does it cost to get a real estate license in Indiana?
To get your real estate license, you should pay for various things. For example, $53 for examination, $60 for application. Not to mention the amount of money you will need to spend on pre-license education. The price increasingly depends on the educational institution you choose.